This year’s Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards winners have been announced, and this year, there were a whopping 3,500 entries! Entries from all across the globe competed to win their place in the categories—On The Land, Under The Sea, Portfolio, Juniors, Up in the Air, and the overall winner. While there were a lot of incredible pictures that made everyone laugh their hearts out, winners John Threlfall, Jodie Ramackers, Andrea Zampatti, Troy Mayne and Tibor Kercz stole the show. The winners will be given a THINK TANK camera bag and a certificate to flaunt the victory on their walls. Overall winner, Tibor Kercz will win a safari to Kenya. Along with a great safari trip, he will also be getting a handmade trophy created by the Wonder Workshop.
The finale will be celebrated in London with an awards night. Paul Joynson-Hicks, the founder of the competition, said, “It’s been a real success this year, the quality of images has improved substantially, and we have had more entries and from more countries.”
He added, “For me, one of my favorites was the fox peeing in the golf hole, I know that there are lots of people who feel the same way about golf! But there were so many incredible shots this year; it was tough to choose.”
Images via Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards
1. This picture of a shocked seal was taken by George Cathcart. It couldn’t have been funnier.
2. Andrea Zampatti, who won the award for ‘On The Land’ category, took this precious snap of a mouse in love with nature.
3. No one loves mudskippers, right? Well, this picture will change your perspective.
Daniel Trim made the ugliest mudskippers look utterly adorable.
4. Animals deserve a good time, too, especially when it’s the night.
This shot by Bence Mate gave a comedic feel to two bears having their own good time under the starry sky.
5. A wild rabbit gorging on some fresh grass = an adorable shot by Olivier Colle.